As part of the annual Dixie National Rodeo and Livestock Show, the Dixie National Parade is an outdoor event that kicks off rodeo competitions and features the famous Dixie National Wagon Train. The Mississippi Fire Academy Elite Honor Guard leads off the procession, followed by Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Andy Gipson and an array of antique cars, rodeo queens, decorative floats, mounted horses and marching bands through downtown Jackson.
The upcoming 2024 Dixie National Parade will follow a mile-long route starting at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, February 10th, and ending around 11:30 a.m. to 12 noon. The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) is now offering electronic registration online to participate in the Dixie National Parade. Visit www.dixienational.org, select the drop-down ‘Dixie National Rodeo’ option, then select ‘Dixie National Parade’ to register today!
The Dixie National Parade Committee is made up of MDAC employees, under the leadership of Mississippi Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Andy Gipson. For more info, contact:
- Hannah East, MDAC Marketing Specialist, at 601-359-1179
- Vivian Purvis, MDAC Supervisor of USDA Fruits/Veggies Inspection, at 601-359-1103
- Davis Edwards, MDAC Outreach Coordinator of Produce Safety, at 601-359-1104
- All livestock MUST be well groomed.
- All horses and mules MUST have a NEGATIVE Coggins test taken within twelve months of the parade date and health certificates MUST accompany the animal to the parade.
- All other livestock MUST be accompanied by health certificates to the parade.
- All motor vehicles MUST have mufflers.
- At least ONE representative from each participating parade entry MUST attend the Awards Ceremony following the parade.
Parade Awards Ceremony:
The Dixie National Parade Awards Ceremony will follow the conclusion of the parade. The ceremony will be held inside the Mississippi Farmers Market, located on the Fairgrounds near the parade starting line, at approximately 12:30 p.m. Winners will be chosen by appointed Parade Judges and will be presented a plaque and have their photo taken. Winners include a 1st and 2nd place in the following categories:
- Best Marching Group;
- Best Motorized Club;
- Best Float; and
- Best Riding Club.
The Commissioner’s Award will also be awarded to the best overall individual or group from the entire parade line-up.
Thank you for helping make the annual Dixie National Parade a cherished tradition for all Mississippians!
Registration for the 2024 Dixie National Parade is now closed.